In this page it is shown how to add PDF to blog. This may be necessary in many situations in order to provide some additional details related to your text. In such cases this is a good way to add value to the post or page, and in the same time to keep the flow of your main story uninterrupted.
The PDF itself is not directly within the post or page, but it is added to the media directory of your site, and it can be open through a simple click to a hyperlink in the text. Here I explain basic steps.
[Bach: Prelude 1 in C Major BWV 846 from the Well-Tempered Clavier]
The best way to understand the procedure is to follow an example from my another site where I was describing Anaga mountains Tenerife, and I attached two PDF forms to the page. Those were forms needed to fill in if you want to visit some particular protected areas in that region. By doing this I kept my story flowing without interruption, and in the same time readers are informed about permissions and the appropriate forms are made available.
Practical steps to embed PDF to blog
1. It is good to have your attachment file ready while you are writing your text. I keep saying ‘PDF’ just as an example, but this can be any other kind of document of course, like:
- some map
- MS Word document
- picture gallery, etc.
The procedure will be the same for any of these attachments.
2. You are now at some point in your text where you would like to add the PDF attachment. So go to ‘Add media’ which you see in the editor, and click on ‘Upload files’ and continue with ‘Select files’.
3. Search for the prepared file in your directories in the computer and upload it. The file will appear in your media library, and on the right you will see the information about the file, which in my case looks like this:
4. In the tab URL you see the link, so just copy it. You have done with this. Do NOT press ‘Insert into post’, just close the window at this point.
5. Now in your post/page text do the usual procedure for adding the hyperlink. I assume you are familiar with it, otherwise please follow the given link to my another page within this site. In the window which appears in front of you:
just paste the link from the step 4. Save as usual, and you have your attachment ready for visitors. Go to my page and scroll down to the point where the link to the form is available, to see how it appears when you click on it.
So these are basic steps you need to know on how to add PDF to blog or to WordPress post. I hope you find this text useful. Please leave some comment below, I shall be happy to read it.
If you would like to know about best possibilities to start some online business and to build your site, please see this page about Wealthy Affiliate.
You may join me at this wonderful platform for online business by registering here. This will allow you to follow several introductory courses on online business and site building for free.