In this text you will learn how to sell stuff online with Amazon by using Amazon Product Ads program.
It is easy to understand the advantages of selling online, bearing in mind the fact that there are more than two billion of potential shoppers online. Compare this with selling your stuff in a shop.
Nowadays selling online has become enormously simple. Here are a few prerequisites:
1. You will need a website
If you do not have one yet, I would warmly recommend you to have a look into my another page where I described how to build a website from scratch. You will see how I did it without any previous knowledge. My steps were as follows:
- I joined Wealthy Affiliate as a starter (free) member. There, you may have two websites for free and you may follow 2 different courses, each containing 10 lessons.
- I built my first free site in just a couple of days. Such free sites at Wealthy Affiliate are of the type “yoursitename.siterubix.com”). In fact I was rather slow, you can make the basic structure of your site in just a few minutes. You do not believe of course, why would you. But, try it here right now, no worry nobody will ask for your Pay Pal account or credit card. Here it is, see yourself:
- This will be good enough for a start, and it is free. Later on you will decide to your own site, which would have the name of the type “yoursitename.com”.
- So to have a site of my own, I registered a domain at a registrar and with this I built my first site. You will do the same steps, to register a site at Namecheap you will not spend more than $8-10 for a yearly fee.
- You will need a site hosting platform and you may choose, there are many available. I have decided to have it at Wealthy Affiliate. They provide a tremendous amount of training. As for the price, please consult the link given above. Hosting your own site is not free of course.
With this you have done your first stage toward a successful online business. Next is to practically sell your stuff online.
2. Start selling things online
One possibility: you may try to advertize your products on your site and sell directly. For this you realize that you need a lot of traffic. But at this stage your site is new, not many content, not well ranked on search engines, so the traffic will be minimal.
There is a shortcut: you can sell online with Amazon. This is called Amazon Product Ads. Let me explain how this works.
a) You make a catalog and Amazon makes adds.
b) You inform Amazon about your budget for sell (that is, how much you are willing to pay for advertisement) and they advertize your stuff.
c) Shoppers searching Amazon will see your adds, they click on adds and in that way they come to your site. So you sell directly from your site, but it is Amazon which funnels potential shoppers to you. You only pay Amazon when/if visitors end up on your site. This is called cost-per-click.
More details about this great Amazon Product Ads program you may read in my another post, where you will also find direct links to their site.
Do you have any questions or you need some more information? There is a comment box below, I shall be ready to answer and to respond to any comment you might have.